Friday, March 25, 2011

Just Listen

Be still. Be silent. Just Listen.

"Be still, and know that I am God..."
-Psalms 46:10


Ever stop and just think, maybe ever pray along with it? Stop for one second of your "busy" life to think, I mean really think about God? Think of what He has done in your life. Think of who He has placed in your life. Think of His beautiful creation. Think about how He created the ability to think.
Mind-blowing. Right? He has made everything & is in control of everything. Think about that.

I feel that I stop & think all the time but it isn't about our Creator, its meaningless things, like worries or other random things. Right now as you are reading this just stop & think for a few minutes. Pray, but just listen. Think about everything the Lord has done in your life. Be still & silent. Listen.

...

It's almost too much to take in at one time.

Recently I haven't been listening to what God has been telling me. Sure I have been praying to Him, but I never just listened, instead I pour out my petty problems & never wait for a response. It's been more of a one-sided conversation, & sadly I've been doing all the talk. A relationship consists of two-way conversation. It's all about the communication. Listening & talking. Sometimes we (especially me) forget the listening part. We just do the talking. And there is nothing wrong with asking the Lord for help, we need His help because we can't do this, thing we call life on our own. But at times we need to simply listen. I know we all struggle with this at some point, just listen to the Lord. He has wonderful things to share. .

This week I encourage you (& myself) to just listen to what God is telling you. Whether you are sitting in traffic or waiting in line at the grocery store. If you have time to look at this blog, look at a text or check your Facebook then I positive you have time for God because He wants to talk to you. But are you listening?

-Jenée

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughst, we would love to hear!